STAKEHOLDER SEMINAR: PHOSPHAATES IN DETERGENTS - LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN THE DANUBE RIVER BASIN
Bucharest 25 January 2007
The Best Western Parc Hotel Bucharest
3-5 Poligrafiei Blvd.
013704 Bucharest 1
Tel: +4021 224 2020/224 2000
Fax: +4021 224 3676
To raise awareness of the impact of the nutrients from laundry detergents and to discuss options to minimise their environmental impacts.
The UNDP/GEF Danube Regional Project has undertaken a study on the options for the reduction of phosphorus in detergents and the conclusion of this work, and other related technical research, will be presented to ICPDR experts and other interested stakeholders in the Danube River Basin.
The following references will serve to provide additional background to the Phosphates in Detergents - Stakeholder Seminar.
- www.ICPDR.org - the website of the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River
- www.undp-drp.org - UNDP/GEF Danube Regional Project website www.undp-drp.org/drp/activities_1-8_detergents.html DRP report on P detergents
- /drp/en/activities_1-8_detergents_wshp-Jan07.html - Temporary web location of work undertaken by INIA on Eutrophication risk models for phosphorus
- http://danubs.tuwien.ac.at/ - The Technical University in Vienna have recently (2005) completed an EC FP5 project to assess the nutrient situation in the Danube River Basin.Website of the daNUbs FP5 project
Presentations from the seminar:
- Management of the Danube River Basin (Philip Weller - Executive Secretary ICPDR)
- Purpose of the meeting (Joachim Heidemeier - Chairman ICPDR Pressures & Measures Expert Group)
- European Commission perspective (Sotirios Kiokias - DG ENTR)
- Nutrients in Danube River Basin (Christoph Lampert - Technical University Vienna)
- Eutrophication risk model for phosphorus emissions (Jose Tarazona - INIA)
- Report on P detergents (Helene Horth - WRc)
- Country case studies on P-detergents: Czech Republic (Doubravka Nedvedova - Ministry of Environment)
- Country case studies on P-detergents: Slovenia (Jaroslav Slunecko - Slovenian Industry association KPC)
- Country case studies on P-detergents: Romania (Gheorghe Constantin - Ministry of Environment and Water Management)
- Development of P-Load in domestic sewage in Germany
- NGO perspective on P-free detergents